WordStream’s Google AdWords Performance Grader is a free tool to help AdWords advertisers better understand how well their campaigns are performing compared to advertisers with similar monthly budgets. The AdWords Performance Grader uses a proprietary grading algorithm based on more than 60 different factors, including ad spend data, Quality Score, ranking, impressions and other variables, to compare your AdWords account to the millions of others that we have previously graded.
Your AdWords Performance Grader report includes an overall grade as well as individual grades in eight key areas of pay-per-click management:
- Wasted Spend – Are you making proper use of negative keywords? Or are you wasting hundreds, even thousands of dollars per month on irrelevant keywords that never convert?
- Quality Score – Are your campaigns Google-approved? High Quality Scores have a major impact on your ROI, improving your rankings and lowering your costs.
- Click-Through Rate (CTR) – CTR is a measure of how targeted your ads are. If your CTR is low, you may be losing ground to competing advertisers.
- Account Activity – To maintain performance, you need to spend active time in your account. How often are you checking under the hood?
- Long-Tail Keyword Optimization – Are you utilizing longer, more targeted keywords in your campaigns? If not, you’re missing opportunities to grab high-intent, low-cost traffic.
- Ad Text Optimization – Are you writing enough text ads to get strong performance in terms of impressions, clicks, CTR and ad ranking?
- Landing Page Optimization – More landing pages usually means more targeted messaging. Do you have more or fewer landing pages than similar advertisers?
- PPC Best Practices – Are you adhering to the proven best practices that PPC experts follow to ensure optimal AdWords performance?
You’ll learn how well you’re really doing in each of these important areas, as well as how you could improve your performance, driving more leads and sales at lower costs.