Spur is a free tool that allows you to evaluate your screenshot or webpage with 7 different tools. It will allow you to evaluate your webpages in:
- grayscale mode – what your page looks like with color removed
- intersection – where the lines of the page draw visitor’s eyes
- contrast – By turning up the contrast on a page it makes the heavy areas stand out more than lighter areas, will your design still hold together?
- blur – If someone can only glance at your page for a few seconds, this will help ensure that they spot something valuable based on design hierarchy and weight.
- mirror – Mirroring a design can point out areas of misalignment and hierarchy.
- rotate – The rotate tool is great for making it easier to see page weight and balance of elements.
- 50% zoom – Use the zoom tool to look at your site as a smaller thumbnail. Does the layout hold up?